Please read our T&C’s carefully. If you don’t understand any part or need some extra details,
please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Terms and Conditions of Superb Moves Ltd © 2018
- Terms of the contract between Superb Moves Ltd the Removal Contractor (“the
Contractor”) and you (“the Customer”) explaining rights, obligations and responsibilities of
- “We” or “us” is a reference to the Contractor. “You” is a reference to the Customer.
“Goods” means the goods being removed and/or packed/unpacked.
- Quotations include Value Added Tax but do not include any other customs duties or fees
payable to government or other statutory bodies and all such duties or fees (if any) will be
payable by you in addition to the quoted price.
- Our quotations, although given as a fixed price, may be amended or additional charges
may be made if there are circumstances that have not been taken into account when preparing
the quotation (i.e. longer than three months period from the quotation, currency fluctuation,
freight taxation, delivery of Goods on floors upper than first, delays outside our control,
limited access to collection/delivery point, and others).
- Your signed acceptance of our quotation is not yet a contract between us and you until you
receive a written confirmation that we are available on your required day. We will send our
written confirmation within one working day of our receipt of your acceptance of our
- Work not included in our quotations
Unless previously agreed in writing we will not:
- Dismantle or assemble unit-furniture (flat-pack), fittings or fitments
- Disconnect or reconnect appliances, dismantle or reassemble appliances, fixtures, fittings
- Take up or lay fitted floor coverings.
- Take down or re-hang curtains, blinds or other window coverings.
- Move any items excluded in chapter 6.
- Undertake any work our removal staff is not authorised or qualified to carry out, which
may effectively cause damage.
- Your responsibility
It is your sole responsibility to:
- Declare to us the proper value of the Goods.
- Obtain at your expense all documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- Ensure authorised signature on agreed inventories, receipts, waybills or other relevant
documents on collection or delivery of Goods.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and
nothing is taken away in error.
- Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances prior to their removal.
Other than by reason of our negligence we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or
additional charges that may arise from any of these matters.
- If you postpone or cancel this contract we may charge according to how much notice you
provide prior to the agreed removal date:
- Between 4-7 days: 15% of the total removal charges
- 3-1 days: 50% of the total removal charges
- Less than 24 hours: 100% of the total removal charges
- Condition 5a will not apply if you decide to take any removal postponement/cancellation
protection scheme for which we have quoted.
- Excluded Property
Items excluded from this contract which will not be removed unless otherwise agreed in
- Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or
goods or collections of a similar kind.
- Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items.
- Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
- Refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
- Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
- Cars, boats and caravans.
- Furs, perfumery, wines, spirits, tobacco, cigars, cigarettes, foodstuffs, perishable goods or
any kind of explosives.
Such goods will not be removed by us except with prior written agreement. If you submit
such goods without our knowledge and prior written agreement we will not be liable for any
loss or damage, except when death or injury is caused by our negligence or that of our
employees or agents and you will indemnify us against any charges, expenses, damages or
penalties claimed against us by third parties. In addition we shall be entitled to dispose of
(without notice) any such goods.
- Ownership of the goods
By entering into this contract you confirm to us that:
- The Goods are your own property; or
- You have the authority of the owner of the property to make this contract in respect of the
You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs against either of the
above if this proves to be untrue.
- Payment of Removal Charges
Unless you have our written agreement to the contrary, you must pay our charges so we have
cleared funds in advance of the removal. Unless we agree otherwise, you may not withhold
any part of the agreed price. Interest at 2% per month, calculated on a daily basis, is charged
on all overdue accounts.
We reserve the right to terminate this contract if payment is not received before the removal
date, and not to carry out any services quoted for. Failure to comply with our payment terms
will also mean that we will not insure our liability for the goods.
- Our liability for loss or damage
- Limited liability
- If you do not provide us with a declaration of value of your goods or you do not require us
to accept Standard Liability pursuant to chapter 9.II. below, then in the event that we lose or
damage your goods through our negligence or our breach of contract, we will pay you up to a
maximum of £50 for each item which is lost or damaged, to cover the cost of repairing or
replacing that item. In this respect an item is defined as any one article, suite, pair, set,
complete case, package, carton or other container.
- We may choose to repair or replace the damaged or lost item. However, if we choose to
the repair the item, we will not be liable for any depreciation in value.
- Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure
to deliver the goods if it is caused by any of the following circumstances:
c.1. Fire, howsoever caused.
c.2. War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil
war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, act of God, industrial action or other such
events outside our reasonable control.
c.3. Normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation from
perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
c.4. Cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we did the work.
c.5. Moth or vermin or similar infestation, damp, mould, mildew or rust.
c.6. Electrical or mechanical damage to any appliance, instrument or equipment unless there
is evidence of external impact.
c.7. Breakage of owner packed property unless the box or container shows signs of external
- Additionally, we will not be liable for any loss of or damage to:
d.1. Any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, case or other
container not both packed and unpacked by us.
d.2. Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps,
coins, or goods or collections of a similar kind, unless you have previously given us full
information including value, and we have confirmed in writing that we will accept
d.3. Goods which have a relevant proven defect or are inherently defective.
d.4. Animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
d.5. Bonds, manuscripts and documents or electronically held data records, mobile
d.7. Refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
d.8. Loss of or damage to china, glassware and fragile items, unless they have been both
professionally packed and unpacked by us or our subcontractor. In the event of an accident
involving an owner packed container where damage has occurred irrespective of the quality
of the packing, our liability is limited to £100 or its actual value, whichever is less.
- Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for damages or costs resulting
indirectly from, or as a consequence of, loss, damage, or failure to deliver the goods.
- Standard Liability
We have a “Goods in Transit” insurance policy (covering all Risks of Physical Loss or
Damage to Goods in Transit anywhere in European Union) which can be endorsed to cover
client’s goods. Please notify us of the value of your goods to be insured and we can provide
you a removals quote including an Insurance Option. Please note that this insurance has been
arranged solely in the name of our company. As our customer you will have no enforceable
rights under our insurance policy.
- If you provide us with a declaration of the value of your goods and you agree to pay an
additional charge the amount of our liability to you will be as follows:
- In the event of loss or damage caused by our negligence or breach of contract, our liability
to you will be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of their repair or replacement, taking
into account the age and condition of the goods immediately prior to their loss or damage but
subject to a maximum liability of £40,000 (unless we have agreed a higher amount with you).
- Where the lost or damaged item is part of a pair or a set, our liability to you, where it is
assessed to be the cost of replacement of that item, it is to be assessed as a sum equivalent to
the cost of that item in isolation, not the cost of that item as part of a pair or set.
- If you make any claim knowing the same to be false or fraudulent as regard to the amount
or otherwise, this insurance shall become void and all claims hereunder shall be forfeited.
- In line with the policy conditions, we do not accept responsibility for the first £250 of
every claim for loss or damage covered by this insurance.
- All claims arising from contracts of removals and/or storage within Great Britain must be
notified to the remover on the day of delivery of the property, whether unpacked or not.
III. Any liability under chapter I. or II. above is expressly subject to all or any other
applicable exclusions set out elsewhere in this agreement
- Delays in transit
- Unless we give a specifically agreed written timescale then arrival and departure times are
an estimate only.
- If we do not keep to an agreed written time scale schedule and any delay is within our
reasonable control we will pay your reasonable expenses which arise as a result of our not
keeping to the agreed written time schedule. If through no fault of ours we are unable to
deliver your goods, we will take them into store. This contract will then be fulfilled and any
additional service(s), including storage and delivery, will be at your expense.
- Damage to premises
We shall only be liable for damage to premises caused by our negligence. Any damages to
premises must be noted on the delivery receipt and confirmed in writing to us within seven
days unless you request a reasonable extension which we agree in writing.
- Time limits for claims
We will not be liable for any loss or damage to any goods unless any claim for loss or
damage is notified to us in writing WITHIN SEVEN DAYS (this is a requirement of
insurers) of either their collection by you or delivery by us to their destination, unless you
request a reasonable extension which we agree in writing.
- Our rights to withhold or dispose of goods
We have a legal right to withhold or ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods until you
have paid all our charges and other payments due under this contract. These include any
charges that we have paid out on your behalf. While we hold the goods and wait for payment
you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred as a result of our
withholding your goods and these terms and conditions will continue to apply.
- If there is a dispute arising from this agreement which cannot be resolved either you or we
may refer the matter to the Ombudsman subject always to the rules of the Scheme from time
- Sub-contracting the work
- We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work for which we have provided a
quotation without reference to you.
- If we sub-contract these conditions will still apply in full.
- Route and method
- We have the right to choose the method and route by which to carry out the work.
- Unless it has been specifically agreed otherwise in writing in our Quotation, other
space/volume/capacity on our vehicles or the containers may be utilised for consignments.
- Where we produce a list of goods (inventory) or a receipt and send it to you, it will be
accepted as accurate unless you write to us within 7 days of the date of our sending, or a
reasonable period agreed between us, notifying us of any errors or omissions.
- Whole agreement
These Terms and Conditions together with our quotation are intended to form the whole
agreement between us and to prevail over any verbal discussions. Should we mutually agree
to any variation of these terms such variation should be confirmed in writing. Any variation
however agreed shall never invalidate the remainder of these Terms and Conditions.
- Applicable Law
This contract is subject to the laws of England and Wales or the country in which the office
of the company issuing this contract is situated.
- Payment Terms
- We now require invoices to be paid strictly within 7 days of the date of the invoice.
- Late payments will result in debt collector charges and interests of 10% per day will be
charged immediately after the payment due date passed.
General Data Protection Regulation
Superb Moves Ltd take your privacy seriously and only use your personal information to provide the service you have requested from us. We are the data controller in respect of any personal data we collect about you.
In signing our T&Cs you agree to us retaining data relating to you and / or your business with the express intention of using such data in our contractual dealings with yourselves.
Upon satisfactory conclusion of the contract all records and data will be held by us unless we receive express instructions from yourselves to the contrary.
At no point will any of this data / information be shared with any 3rd party unless in express pursuance of the contract.
If you would like to request a copy of your data, review it, update it, or ask us to purge it from our systems please email email@example.com and use the subject line: DATA SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST.